- 1 Cup,Chicken,cooked and shredded
- 3 Tbsp Cream Cheese,softened
- 1 Tbsp Sour Cream
- 1/4 Cup Mozzarella,shredded(or use Colby Jack/Monterey Jack Combo)
- Salt as per need
- 3 Tbsp Salsa
- 1 tsp Pepper ground
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 2 Green Onions / Spring Onion,chopped
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro
For Homemade Salsa:
- 2 Medium Tomatoes,roughly chopped
- 2 Small Jalapeno(Seeds and ribs removed)
- 1/2 Red Onion,sliced
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro
- As per need Salt
- 1/4 Red Bell Pepper,roughly chopped
- 2 Garlic,cloves
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- Storebought Salsa Jar
- 6 Mini/Small (6-Inch) Flour Tortillas/Corn Tortilla
- Oil for frying
- To make salsa,in a mixer grinder add all the ingredients mentioned for salsa and pulse them for few seconds but do not make watery paste.
- To make the filling, to a mixing bowl,add the chicken along with spices and toss well.
- Next add the sour cream,cream cheese,cheese,salsa and mix well.
- Place a mini tortilla,add the stuffing,spring onion and cilantro,roll tightly.
- Optionally keep it intact with a toothpick.
- In a shallow pan,add oil enough to cover the taquitos, and when its hot enough,slowly arrange taquitos and fry till crisp.
- Watch out for the taquitos as they cook very fast.
- Drain them on a kitchen tissue and serve hot with salsa.
- ENJOY !!