- 2 pounds chicken breasts halves, boneless and skinless (about 4)
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning, divided (or 1 store bought envelope)
- 3/4 cup chicken broth (see notes)
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons diced green chiles (mild or hot according to your taste)
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste (optional)
If Making Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Tacos You May Need
- Corn Tortillas
- Cheddar Cheese
Season the chicken breasts with half of the taco seasoning. Place the chicken breast at the bottom of the bowl of the instant pot (no trivet is needed).
Add the broth, salsa, diced green chiles and sprinkle the remaining taco seasoning.
Close the lid, seal the pot and set the vent to “sealed” For fresh or thawed chicken breasts, cook on high pressure for 13 minutes. For frozen chicken breasts, cook on high pressure for 16 minutes.
When done, let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes then do a quick release to get rid of any remaining pressure, open the lid and shred with 2 forks. Season with salt and pepper (optional).
- enjoy !!