CHORIZO CON PAPAS (MEXICAN CHORIZO WITH POTATOES)
- 1 pkg. (12 ozs.) vegetarian soy chorizo
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into ¾” cubes
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 pasilla pepper, cut into large dice
- olive oil for frying
- Boil cubed potatoes till partially cooked, about 7 minutes.
- Drain very well.
- Heat a little oil in a large skillet and fry potatoes until golden brown and crispy on all sides.
- Transfer to a paper towel lined plate.
- In same skillet, heat a little more oil and sauté onion and pasilla pepper until onion begins to turn translucent. Transfer to plate with potatoes.
- Remove soy chorizo from casing and add to skillet.
- Cook about 4 to 5 minutes, breaking up any large chunks with the back of a spoon.
- Add potatoes, onions, and peppers back into skillet with chorizo and stir until well combined.
- Top each serving with a fried egg and place buttered seasoned toast on the side.
NOTE: For those of you who might want to try making your own fresh chorizo for this dish, I’m posting Saveur’s fresh chorizo recipe here.
Saveur’s Fresh Chorizo Recipe:
CLICK NEXT PAGE BELOW TO CONTINUE READING …